Township Pools has more than a decade of experience with pool and spa construction in Montgomery, The Woodlands, and surrounding areas. Our pool builders have the expertise and resources to design and build custom concrete pools to enhance the beauty of your property and improve your lifestyle.
What is the Best Time of Year to Build a Pool in Texas?
When it comes to constructing a pool in Texas, timing is everything. The Lone Star State's climate can be unpredictable, making it crucial to select the best time of year for pool construction. Township Pools, a trusted name in the industry, recommends considering several factors before diving into your project.
Spring stands out as an ideal season for building a pool in Texas. With moderate temperatures and relatively lower precipitation rates, this time of year allows for efficient and uninterrupted construction. Beginning the construction process in spring ensures your pool will be ready for those scorching summer days when the idea of a refreshing swim becomes irresistible.
However, planning ahead is key. Township Pools emphasizes the importance of booking construction well in advance, as spring is a popular time for pool projects across the state. Securing your spot on the construction schedule early ensures that you can enjoy your pool as soon as the summer heat sets in.
It's important to note that Texas's intense heat during the summer can also impact construction. High temperatures may occasionally affect the curing process of materials, potentially leading to delays. Therefore, starting the construction process in the milder spring months offers a buffer against unexpected weather-related obstacles.
A swimming pool is a great place to cool off on hot summer days and provides the ideal space for entertaining or just relaxing on the weekends. The design for your new pool and spa area can be completely customized to your preferences and how the area will be used. Intentional designs utilize the natural landscape of the backyard to maximize available space and create a beautiful extension of your home.
When designing your pool area, you may want to consider:
- Pool size and shape – The size of the pool can be maximized with the right planning, layout, and shape. There are abundant options for everything from interesting designs in geometric pools to freeform pools.
- Pool finish – Determining the right material for the finish or surface of the inside of the pool is an important decision that affects the look of the whole pool area. There are many colors and materials available, such as plaster, quartz, tile, glass beading, exposed aggregates, and pebble pool surface materials.
- Spas – If you want your pool area to include a spa, there are many options, such as a raised center spa, corner spa, oval shapes, glass and tile, spillover designs, and more.
- Decking – The deck around your pool serves practical and aesthetic purposes. There are a wide range of materials available, including travertine and other types of natural stone. In addition to the material, the size and layout of your deck can be customized to create sitting areas around the pool, tanning ledge, a raised travertine wall around the pool, and more.
- Water features – Water features are an appealing aspect of swimming pool design. Popular options include waterfalls, rock waterfalls, water feature bowls, scuppers, and rock water features.
- Lighting – Although a pool may be the perfect oasis during the day, the fun ends when the sun goes down without the right lighting. Adding energy efficient, colorful LED lighting will have you swimming under the stars without greatly increasing utility costs.
- Landscaping – Adding a landscaping bed can create a cohesive design that blends your pool area into the natural environment. There are many options for plants that add color, create shade, or increase privacy.
When designing your pool area, consider the amenities that will help you get the most out of your outdoor living space. Depending on how you plan to use the space, this could range from larger deck spaces to accommodate entertaining to a pergola or pavilion with a full outdoor kitchen.
The Montgomery pool builder that you choose to work with has a huge impact on every aspect of the pool and spa construction process. A skilled and experienced local company that specializes in custom pool building has the resources and expertise to guide you through the process and ensure that your new pool and spa are built to the highest quality standards.
Call to Start Designing Your New Pool
At Township Pools, we offer a free in-home consultation with complimentary 3D design for pool and spa construction in Montgomery. We specialize in AutoCAD and Pool Studio to simplify the design process and provide you with detailed plans to help create your dream setup. For your convenience, financing options are available through Lyon. Check our website or ask us for additional information.
“From the design stage with Mariah to the end product, we got the exact pool we wanted and love it. Great company. I highly recommend.” - Tim H.